Join The Arc of Oakland County to learn more about the IEP process and procedures. The Arc’s staff attorneys, Tom Kendziorski and Katie Winkler, will be presenting informative material and insight that you don’t want to miss!
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
6:30 p.m.—9:00 p.m.
At the Troy Community Center
3179 Livernois Rd., Troy, MI 48083
What you can expect to take away from this speech:
- Brief history lesson on special education law
- The specifics of the new state-wide I.E.P. form
- Helpful hints before attending an I.E. P. team meeting
- The fundamentals of dispute resolution (e.g., mediation/hearings)
- Extended School Year (ESY)
- Independent educational evaluations (I.E.E.)
There is no fee to attend this speech. If you have any questions, please contact The Arc office at 248-816-1900.